Hi; welcome to my virtual logs.
The Auxiliary can be found here.
All Micros can be found here.
[2022-01-10 Mon 19:37] - 7924
- I'm officially a tea-person now
- to be more specific, I'm (+ caffeine L-theanine) person now
- was just a caffeine person before
[2021-12-23 Thu 22:44] - 7906
[2021-12-14 Tue 20:00] - 7897
[2021-12-14 Tue 11:56] - 7897
6 months of Emacs
[2021-12-14 Tue 10:50] - 7897
- I realized that I haven't been using footnotes and that I could
- I do have a lot of sub-prime information that could assist
the post without getting in the way of the reader
- I do feel I'm going to overdo it
[2021-11-08 Mon 20:16] - 7861
[2021-10-30 Sat 15:19] - 7852
LSP-mode: Clangd configuration - Compilation Database
- been some time for a technical post
- first elisp-automation
[2021-10-12 Tue 18:51] - 7834
[2021-10-06 Wed 18:12] - 7829
- beginning my first read of "The Divine Comedy"
[2021-10-03 Sun 07:39] - 7826
- To be more aware of how I grow up: beginning to date my posts
with the number of days I've been alive as well.
- a difference of ~400 days feels longer to me psychologically
right now than one year. Imagine "I'm a year older" v/s "I'm
365 days older".
- I personally don't know Jesus and I get that societal
cooperation depends on everyone agreeing on common standards but
that feels personally detached
- Consequently, will continue with the conventional time stamps as well
- day-stamps change at my birth time (1930) and include the
present day : to be treated as the running day
- technically should be stamping as 7826th but that is ugly
[2021-09-14 Tue 20:24]
[2021-08-29 Sun 08:56]
(Major) Cumulative Updates
[2021-08-11 Wed 19:43]
- have been using `r!date` since 2nd August 2020 (3 days in to the
start of this blog) : served me well
- now that I've migrated to emacs, shifting to "C-u M-x org-time-stamp"
- binding to "C-u C-c !" globally
- a couple more keystrokes and goes through a selection menu
but much more inclusive
- All time stamps hence forth would be readily parsable in
- the beginning of migrating from markdown to org-mode as my principal
writing markup dialect
- would explicitly mention time-zone differences ; IST is a redundancy
- beginning to incorporate a more project based approach for all
that I do :
- actively logging (quantitavely and qualitatively) about the
finer details in my org-roam knowledge web
- this seems to be my final root setup for logging given
all the other platforms I've tried over the past two years
(Notion, Obsidian, VimWiki, One-Note, Notebooks only .
- the most powerful(flexible) yet the most simple and
- still do have a notebook on me all the time
- serves as an immutable store without any
garbage-collection : no deletions, only condensations ...
- prominent ideas are regularly assimilated in the knowledge web
- should be intriguing to revisit them after significant intervals
- assuming infinite supply
- would rather have a "notebookshelf" than a bookshelf
Wed Jul 28 20:20:38 IST 2021
GS internship review
- beginning regular updates again
- some good first-hand observations regarding effects of a cold on
speech have been noted
Tue Jun 29 20:34:53 IST 2021
Sat Jun 26 22:32:33 IST 2021
Speed Reading Logs
Speed Reading Closure
Sat Jun 19 09:35:56 IST 2021
- done with a week at Goldman Sachs as summer analyst
- catching up with the updates
- my first corporate experience has been interesting so far
- Also done with 2 weeks of retraining back up to a baseline level
of strength after the lockdown.
- will be revising the plan for strength and mobility for the
Fri May 28 16:33:59 IST 2021
- Segregated the auxiliary streams from the minor(now auxiliary)
and the auxiliaries now renamed to micros
- this is the macro.
Thu May 20 20:50:36 IST 2021
Vim to Emacs
Wed May 12 11:22:02 IST 2021
- got my first double under yesterday
Fitness Log 005 : first double under
Fri Apr 30 19:53:20 IST 2021
- Emacs has been daemonized;
- is self-documenting now
- A good 6 days of minor discomfort and I'm already experiencing a productivity boost due to coherence of all the utilites
Sat Apr 24 20:08:09 IST 2021
- beginning my stay with emacs soon; the soul of vim continues to live on within Evil.
- vim has given me a lot and my time with it shall never be forgotten.
- beginning a Latin only stream: where I write only in Latin; should accelerate the process and I'm genuinely excited to write within the linguistic bounds of a 4-year old again.
- Idea is to capture my progress with latin.
- Today I begin with the shortest sentence I know:
- I am.
- When I die, I'll schedule a push for an:
- I was.
- sounds fun.
Sun Apr 18 19:40:04 IST 2021
- have quit social media(deleted accounts : facebook and instagram)
- had already been off the platforms for a couple of months so this isn't cold-turkey
- this did put a smile on my face : unexpected energy surge immediately after the deletion
- ofcourse, other more active forms of leisure are being incorporated
- also quit television and all other forms of visual entertainment (2 days in now)
- this is cold turkey
- plan to stick to this for a long time but hard rules are good to avoid loopholes and gray areas
- no visual entertainment for 30 days : that's pretty simple
- followed by one movie every weekend post that first phase of weaning off
- only if I feel like it
- life does seem a bit more boring, which is expected and good
- Sleeping patterns are healthier and lucidity levels are rising fairly rapidly
- more stable dreams and generally more aware of the REM phase without any surplus significant efforts.
- as expected, a lot of time has been freed up
- the key, now, is to mindfully slot in productive activities
Sat Apr 10 10:17:41 IST 2021
- bad week(month?(year?)) sleep wise : need to get that back in check
- starting a log stream for any skills I want to pick up
- streams are the way to go for intermittent updates and staying on track
- began with the speed reading log today under the meta category
- not going to post the links for such streams on the major or minor stream
- so consider yourself lucky if you chance upon them
Mon Mar 22 15:19:38 IST 2021
- finished the project log for CVPR 2021 workshop : AUTONUE after a long time.
- this had been enqueued quite a while ago, need to expedite my execution to logging pipeline.
CVPR 2021 Workshop: AUTONUE 2021
Sat Mar 20 21:26:50 IST 2021
- setup fitness log series with a base post stating my history.
Fitness Log Series Init
Sun Jan 17 16:22:09 IST 2021
Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker
Sat Jan 16 12:36:05 IST 2021
- started with my 6th semester and pretty excited about the courses lined up.
- Also began SICP with Hy, will be posting a lot of updates soon.
- initiating the minor stream today with a bit poetic computer science.
Wed Jan 6 09:14:56 IST 2021
Sun Jan 3 17:17:50 IST 2021
- blogged on recent semester project : wdgaf
- have been drilling speed-reading lately
- seeing improvements : amped up to read more papers and books
- observational notes do feel good : the kind of general insight I've seemingly developed feels awesome
- drew my left hand with my right hand, just out of curiosity probably the first time after kinder-garden
- they definitely had something right cooking with the kind of stuff they made us do
- shifted to using the mouse with my left hand - full time
- slow but definitely improving incrementally: frees up my right for some doodling
Fri Sep 25 15:42:24 IST 2020
- initiated a separate ML and mathematics blog
- will be talking about the research that I consume
- also thinking of some fun personal projects : thinking of some EDA on my Fitbit data
- recently have started being active on kaggle; excited to get into competitive machine learning
Sun Sep 13 21:40:22 IST 2020
- checked out diskpart today.
- used to optimize virtual hard disks
- will have a post sometime soon regarding WSL with GUI
Sat Sep 12 19:20:37 IST 2020
- Been some time
- finally done with campus interviews for internships (summer 2021)
- got an offer from Goldman Sachs (Summer analyst) : stoked to work with them next summer
- interview experience following up as a post
Sat Aug 22 22:06:14 IST 2020
- initialized the tech stack today with the bare-minimum
- change CDN to google photos; code stays on github and photos from google photos.
Fri Aug 14 18:29:24 IST 2020
- finally done with DesCartes' error.
- review linked above : nice one overall.
- WebAssembly led me to new horizons:- stack machines and s-expressions
- leading me to their alma-mater : Lisp
- Meta-Programming looks very promising and I'll soon have a post(rambling)
- I'll be proceeding with Racket
Mon Aug 10 23:44:53 IST 2020
- first tech post today
- setup categories and tags.
- pretty excited to gain some momentum on this.
- tech stack coming up soon
Fri Aug 7 21:33:14 IST 2020
- no sun rise today, rainy day; the hike was even better
- a walk in the clouds.
- Edge Computing
- very interesting, and definitely getting in on that
- the idea of serverless serving is very intriguing though.
- thinking of creating a separate stream for my learning log and my generic log so that things look more structured.
Thu Aug 6 21:56:42 IST 2020
- started working on a personal full stack deep learning project
- will learn a lot about a range of technologies and tools in the process
- first book review coming soon: Descartes error is turning out pretty good albeit felt like a slog at a point of time
- started solo hiking 2 days ago; tomorrow is the second day; targeting to scale the peak before 0615 IST(before sunrise)
- decided to add a couple of tool stacks to my repertoire soon:
- assembly:- I was smitten after I checked a blog post about compiler optimization just cause how elegant it was
- modern C++ :- already have a head start on this and yes, it's a different language from C++ 11 onwards; the power it gives the programmer is just amazing. What people say is true:- the worst part is that it's too low a level and the best part is it's too low a level.
- specifically because it's a multiparadigm'd language, I'm interested how a functional approach plays out here
- getting familiar with it's type system and the idea of perfect forwarding:- the code just feels so much more expressive now.
Sun Aug 2 23:05:33 IST 2020
- setting up some smooth navigation and a way for intermittent updates
- I'm not peculiar, just lazy... ; started using r!date
- probably will create a dynamic tech stack page soon
- will set up individual, bare-bones sites for the individual projects and repositories in the projecs if necessary
31 - 07 - 2020
- site live, running
- ready to start kicking out content
- minor tweaks still needed
- resume and project pages need to be updated
- also will setup subdomains for some pages
30 - 07 - 2020
- bought domain : rajpatil.dev
- gTLD with enforced https, plus pretty cheap
- SSL certificate from "Let'sEncrypt" under process (integrated with github pages)
- may take upto 24 hours for the site to be live