Hi; welcome to my virtual logs. The Minor Stream can be found here.
Fri Apr 30 19:53:20 IST 2021
- Emacs has been daemonized; - is self-documenting now - A good 6 days of minor discomfort and I'm already experiencing a productivity boost due to coherence of all the utilites
Sat Apr 24 20:08:09 IST 2021
- beginning my stay with emacs soon; the soul of vim continues to live on within Evil. - vim has given me a lot and my time with it shall never be forgotten. - beginning a Latin only stream: where I write only in Latin; should accelerate the process and I'm genuinely excited to write within the linguistic bounds of a 4-year old again. - Idea is to capture my progress with latin. - Today I begin with the shortest sentence I know: - I am. - When I die, I'll schedule a push for an: - I was. - sounds fun.
Sun Apr 18 19:40:04 IST 2021
- have quit social media(deleted accounts : facebook and instagram) - had already been off the platforms for a couple of months so this isn't cold-turkey - this did put a smile on my face : unexpected energy surge immediately after the deletion - ofcourse, other more active forms of leisure are being incorporated - also quit television and all other forms of visual entertainment (2 days in now) - this is cold turkey - plan to stick to this for a long time but hard rules are good to avoid loopholes and gray areas - no visual entertainment for 30 days : that's pretty simple - followed by one movie every weekend post that first phase of weaning off - only if I feel like it - life does seem a bit more boring, which is expected and good - Sleeping patterns are healthier and lucidity levels are rising fairly rapidly - more stable dreams and generally more aware of the REM phase without any surplus significant efforts. - as expected, a lot of time has been freed up - the key, now, is to mindfully slot in productive activities
Sat Apr 10 10:17:41 IST 2021
- bad week(month?(year?)) sleep wise : need to get that back in check - starting a log stream for any skills I want to pick up - streams are the way to go for intermittent updates and staying on track - began with the speed reading log today under the meta category - not going to post the links for such streams on the major or minor stream - so consider yourself lucky if you chance upon them
Mon Mar 22 15:19:38 IST 2021
- finished the project log for CVPR 2021 workshop : AUTONUE after a long time. - this had been enqueued quite a while ago, need to expedite my execution to logging pipeline.
Sat Mar 20 21:26:50 IST 2021
- setup fitness log series with a base post stating my history.
Sun Jan 17 16:22:09 IST 2021
Sat Jan 16 12:36:05 IST 2021
- started with my 6th semester and pretty excited about the courses lined up. - Also began SICP with Hy, will be posting a lot of updates soon. - initiating the minor stream today with a bit poetic computer science.
Wed Jan 6 09:14:56 IST 2021
Sun Jan 3 17:17:50 IST 2021
- blogged on recent semester project : wdgaf
- have been drilling speed-reading lately - seeing improvements : amped up to read more papers and books - observational notes do feel good : the kind of general insight I've seemingly developed feels awesome - drew my left hand with my right hand, just out of curiosity probably the first time after kinder-garden - they definitely had something right cooking with the kind of stuff they made us do - shifted to using the mouse with my left hand - full time - slow but definitely improving incrementally: frees up my right for some doodling
Fri Sep 25 15:42:24 IST 2020
- initiated a separate ML and mathematics blog - will be talking about the research that I consume - also thinking of some fun personal projects : thinking of some EDA on my Fitbit data - recently have started being active on kaggle; excited to get into competitive machine learning
Sun Sep 13 21:40:22 IST 2020
- checked out diskpart today. - used to optimize virtual hard disks - will have a post sometime soon regarding WSL with GUI
Sat Sep 12 19:20:37 IST 2020
- Been some time - finally done with campus interviews for internships (summer 2021) - got an offer from Goldman Sachs (Summer analyst) : stoked to work with them next summer - interview experience following up as a post
Sat Aug 22 22:06:14 IST 2020
- initialized the tech stack today with the bare-minimum - change CDN to google photos; code stays on github and photos from google photos.
Fri Aug 14 18:29:24 IST 2020
- finally done with DesCartes' error. - review linked above : nice one overall. - WebAssembly led me to new horizons:- stack machines and s-expressions - leading me to their alma-mater : Lisp - Meta-Programming looks very promising and I'll soon have a post(rambling) - I'll be proceeding with Racket
Mon Aug 10 23:44:53 IST 2020
- first tech post today - setup categories and tags. - pretty excited to gain some momentum on this. - tech stack coming up soon
Fri Aug 7 21:33:14 IST 2020
Thu Aug 6 21:56:42 IST 2020
Sun Aug 2 23:05:33 IST 2020
- setting up some smooth navigation and a way for intermittent updates - I'm not peculiar, just lazy... ; started using r!date - probably will create a dynamic tech stack page soon - will set up individual, bare-bones sites for the individual projects and repositories in the projecs if necessary
31 - 07 - 2020
- site live, running - ready to start kicking out content - minor tweaks still needed - resume and project pages need to be updated - also will setup subdomains for some pages
30 - 07 - 2020
- bought domain : rajpatil.dev - gTLD with enforced https, plus pretty cheap - SSL certificate from "Let'sEncrypt" under process (integrated with github pages) - may take upto 24 hours for the site to be live