Sat Jul 31 09:55:40 IST 2021
The past month has been very mediocre in terms of being generically healthy and fit. Caught a cold due to seasonal changes that lasted almost 1.5 weeks, costing me all the lost time in the gym resulting in temporary strength and morale losses.
Sucks to be sick …
Intellectual capacities dwindle down to that of a zombie, stamina takes a hit, out of breath easily, muscle control suffers, you are just a sub-optimal being on the whole in all aspects.
I usually approach such situations with a fair amount of aggression and that blinds me towards opportunities to recover efficiently and smartly. However, the same aggression helps me go above and beyond preparing for when I really do recover, I mentally instate a feud against whatever actions/behaviors led to that situation and make sure I don’t fall for it that easily again.
- upping the amount of greens I consume
- incorporating some deliberate breath-work
- “HYDRATE BITCH”: mentally tattooing this on my forehead
- increasing work in the max HR zone to up my VO2 max and heat up the body
- the moment I detect the possibility of a cold in the coming days, go rogue with counter-measures
The bright side
I rarely get sick and as a result don’t sympathize well with people who are sick but such phases do serve as a reminder to be more considerate towards ones not well.