It’s been some time I last declared that I’m getting into these.
Got my first one yesterday evening and this is a brief summary of the phases I went through during the progression
Fitness Log 005 : First Double Under
- tangle a lot : only use once you are compentent enough with the particular move - can do all the skills transferred from the beaded rope mentioned below with them now - taking a break from them during the learning process : trying replacements and strategizing
- Goal was to accelerate the process with some theory - I take 18 seconds for 50 single unders with a speed rope : 0.36 seconds for 1 pass - Double unders require a combination of jumping higher and spinning the rope faster - That would mean an (approximate) an event duration which is .. - dangerously close to the sensitivity of vision and hearing for humans : analysis in real time is stupid - have to control a lot of minor muscles and the way to go about it is practice and not an algorithmic approach : The senses are a bottleneck - time to use some neurofeedback training : switching to heavier ropes
Auxiliary Tricks : Beaded Ropes
- solid feedback but a lot of friction : can't pickup the pace - learned a lot from them : double side swings, tyson squats, criss-crosses - strategy is to learn from these and transfer to other rope types easily - side swipes are the prominent ones here that are useful for trick transitions
Setting the Scene
Credits @ Rush Athletics
- Watched this two days ago - This is what I followed closely and helped me get into the rythm - Setting an entry point with the double side swipe - one bounce followed by the double under
- I wanted to take the neurofeedback to the next level - bought a 1 pound (~0.45 kilo) weighted rope (pvc) that doesn't tangle - took around 10 mins of practice to get the basics transferred from the beaded rope - This is a lot of feedback and just sky-rocketted the whole process - after 30 mins...
- still need to work on my landing after the first normal jump post the double under : a lot of backward momentum can be observed - workouts are more fun now - yet to string multiples