- changing the format of these logs as requested by another
one of my friends : correctly pointed out that horizontal
scrolling is a pain.
- discovered the autofill-mode in emacs; hooked
it to markdown mode and set the fill-collumn default
to 60 : so that takes care of hard wrapping on its
- Only changing the last log and starting from here, will be
following the following:
- Now that I'm only 20 days away from the commencement
of my summer internship within the Controllers division
at Goldman, will begin diving deep into derivatives trading
- thinking of "Options, Futures and Other Derivatives"
by John C Hull
- one of my friends suggested that I start a YouTube channel
- vlogging being the primary way people choose to
document their experiments in 2021
- not a bad idea but seems time consuming as of now
- sometime down the lane, that is a definite but just not now
- writing is fun and I'm not doing this for the
views/reach so that kinda settles it
- but that is against the explorative and curious
attitude I intend to cultivate and inspire
- a basic entry point could be casts of my work
environment or just a channel that discusses new
subjects that arise at the intersection of pre-existing ones
- that would definitely accelerate my polymathic persuits
- One thing I want to stay far away from is becoming one
of those "YA ... Y" channels
- that's yet another ... youtube channel
- OR .... that is a good name : "YA ... Y" Channel
- the ellipsis capture the implied global closure of
the channel's contents
- well : could give it a try anyway ...
- I am beginning to forget the characteristic tunes and rythms of songs that I used to hear daily (workouts and walks)
- unable to recall them on demand even if I try
- because what the society around me hears is not my choice and is not periodic / repititive enough : those tunes do not stick
- feels weird : can roughly recall the rythms but they're not quite right : not sustainable : feels somewhat mysterious
- usually struggled to get tunes out of my head, now I can't seem to get a hand of one that sticks.
- definitely frees up the mind for other things you might want to think about.
- watched "The Big Short" (2015 : Adam McKay) today
- thinking of giving up music and podcasts for a while
- I fortuitously fasted yesterday just cause I forgot to eat amidst some work and I recalled how I felt during my 48 hour weekend fasts.
- my longest was a 60 hour water fast and by the end of these, ketones kick in along with the superhuman focus : it's enjoyable
- time-wise, this is way more convenient
- decided today that I'll be having only one meal a day (lunch) but that I'll be eating almost the same
- so that's 10 whole eggs, a lot of veggies, 150 grams of lentils, curd, and the usual indian carbs (chapattis) in one meal
- liquid calories to a minimum : two protein shakes
- will have to shift my cardio sessions to morning though : pushups and pullups remain alloted to evenings
- will revise this once the gyms reopen and I'm back on my regimen.
- Monsoon has almost begun and the winds are colder now, ice baths are way more fun now
- Latin on hold(already has been for a long time) until I finish off the Speed reading Logs.
- resuming SICP with racket : programming lisp in emacs is way more fun
- although I had a repl setup in vim : lisp was just another language
- in emacs, you get to get to know how certain parts of the editor are implemented as you learn.
- Watched "Tenet" (2020 : Christopher Nolan) day before yesterday : will log this.
- It's been 30 days for me to give up consuming visual media for entertainment
- will follow up with a post about the experience
- Hard-rules are good : that helped me get through this -> never trust your future self
- going to watch one movie every weekend(including today) for 5 more weeks i.e. will revise the rules again on <2021-06-20 Sun>
- no loop holes : one movie, weekend : all else remains the same
- Augmented the Learning queue to include time-stamps
- should capture the movement fairly well
- Looking forward to write more often this summer
- Reading Bruce Lee's Biography (by Matthew Polly)
- setting up org-gtd for workflow
- org-roam for research and conceptual notes
- learning elisp
- Internship has been postponed and shrunken to 6 weeks
- will leverage for some research output
- Turning 21 tomorrow
- should document that somewhere
- Learning Emacs is a pretty intense process
- Evil does help but I've been grinding to adapt my complete workflow
- probably not the best way to go about the integration, but I don't want to spend a lot of time in a sub-optimal state
- anyway, have been making extremely rapid progress and will flag the migration as daemonized on the major stream when emacs really becomes self-documenting for me.
- Emacs pinky is a thing : I use cherry-MX blues with a large travel and that doesn't help
- have been making a lot of choices
- shifting to Emacs with Evil mode
- vim is a backup option now
- will update on the tech stack once the migration is complete
- TBH, Evil emulates vim fairly well
- All the things that I'll have to learn to become an emacs superuser were anyway on my list
- I'll choose lisp any day over vim-script
- archiving .vimrc evolution
- reprogramming training routing around prehab, f-log 002 posted
- done with, the first pass of the 4-hour body, beginning with "The Zen in the Art of Writing" by Ray Bradbury
- updated lower back injury log (001) with recovery status
- cook my dinner almost daily now : seems like a waste of time but podcasts/audiobooks help
- Reading "The 4-Hour Body" by Tim Ferris: higlights a lot of hackish ways around peculiarities of the human body: good read.
- lower back injury details : fitness log 001
- Recently received my final offer letter for the position of Summer Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- will be commencing a series of blog posts about my experiences with the firm and my first ever professional work experience in general.
- building the habit of writing again
- going to developing a strong habit of writing.
- albeit may be foolish, want to start pumping out content regarding my experiences in general.
- most of it will go on the minor stream...